How To Wake Up Early
“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
I have found waking up early has allowed me to, not only accomplish significant amount of things in my life, but it has also allowed me to have a more peaceful, relaxing moment where I can fully take care of myself.
By waking up early, I have no excuse of saying “I don’t have time” for any part of my life. Waking up early is one of those things that is hard to build into a habit, but once you do, it’s quite simple because we are all creatures of habit. Even if you say I am a night owl, it is still feasible to be a morning person; you just have to take control of your mind!
This doesn’t happen overnight. You will go back and forth for a while until it finally will come to you naturally. If you need a routine to follow you could also follow the routine from “The Miracle Morning” which I wrote in detail here.
Here are my top 10 tips to waking up early:
- Have a goal and a why. Why do you want to wake up early? How would waking up early improve your life? Could you be healthier? Achieve a goal you’ve been putting off? Actually get yourself to the gym? Figure out what could be motivating for you.
- In the beginning, try tactics such as having multiple alarms set or have your cell phone be far away from you which will force you to get up.
- Drink water right away. Have a water next to your bed and once your alarm clock goes off, chug that water. This will give you more energy.
- Get up and brush your teeth. This will help you get out of bed and be up for a little.
- Have a night routine with what you plan to do in the morning. Listen to an inspiring video before you go to bed, and I guarantee you it’ll be what you think about in the morning which will motivate you to get up.
- Do something that you actually enjoy in the morning. Don’t make it be a chore. It should be an enjoyable moment for you.
- Drink a good amount of water the night before, this will force you to wake up in the morning to go to the bathroom 🙂 Works for me, every time.
- Drink coffee and get yourself out the door right away like the gym or a run outside!
- Take a shower — maybe a cold one to fully wake yourself up. There are so many benefits to taking a cold shower, which is a plus.
Let me know if you have any questions. It took me a while, but now it’s fully embedded in my routine to wake up early, even if I don’t go to the gym.
If you need an accountability partner, let me know – I’d be happy to help and motivate you to wake up early 🙂
Thanks for reading!
For full disclosure of this site, please read this.
4 Responses to “How To Wake Up Early”
[…] early to rise” can help you out a lot. If you need some help on how to wake up early, read my post here. I would also suggest that you listen to this the night before, so that when you wake up, this is […]
[…] That’s usually what I do each morning. There will be days when I miss exercising but I compensate by taking a walk at lunch time. It’s really all about listening to your body and what it’s telling you it needs. If you need help waking up, read my post here. […]
[…] mainly due to the fact that I love to take charge of my day instead of the day controlling me. By waking up early, I get to CHOOSE how I feel for the day and not vice versa. Morning routines are crucial to your […]
[…] you need more help on this topic, here is my other post on how to wake up […]