Hey guys, if you follow me on any social media, you might’ve seen that I was in San Diego this past weekend!
San Diego is such a beautiful city with so many amazing views. It has such a calming feeling. It’s quite, but fun at the same time and the fact that it is always warm there makes it such a beautiful place to be.
Also, since it is so close to the Mexican Border, in some ways, I felt like I was actually in Mexico and no longer in the US! For this reason, as you might already have guessed or know, San Diego has the best Mexican food I have ever had!
Right after we got off the plane, my boyfriend and I went to a Mexican restaurant because…well, it was necessary and we were so curious. The margarita we got was so huge and so amazing. 🙂 Not only did the food not disappoint, but the drinks were so great as well. Another bonus: the people are very nice and polite. I’m super excited to make another trip to CA in the future! It’s a beautiful state.
How to Stay Healthy While Travelling:
Traveling is great, but it can really be difficult to stay healthy and choose healthier options. It’s okay to not choose the best options, but it’s important to be mindful of what you eat so that you don’t feel sick during your trip.
Don’t feel bad about it, but also don’t opt for the most unhealthy options because of your excuse of “I’m on vacation”. Your beautiful body deserves to be nourished in the best possible way, always, whether you are on vacation or not!
I wanted to give you some ideas of things you can do for your next trip so that it might be a little easier for you to stay healthy while traveling.
This could be helpful for someone who has a job that forces them to travel often or as the summer is approaching we will all be going on more vacations soon!
8 Helpful Tips:
- Call in advance to see if a fruit plate or salad is available on the plane, if not make your own overnight oatmeal or salad! I love bringing my own Qia oatmeal with peanut butter – easy and delicious!
- Choose salad options while out and ask for lemon wedges, olive oil and balsamic instead of dressing. By doing this you can indulge on those margs and pina cooladas with half the guilt. 🙂
- Bring raw nuts and seeds while traveling for a quick, healthy snack.
- Check before hand for places that have healthier options before you head to your destination so that you have an idea of places you can go.
- Stray away from heavy meals – it’s going to take away from actually enjoying your time there by feeling too full and lethargic.
- Instead of regular donuts, try to find ones that are with less sugar and gluten free — this will help with any sugar crashes that may happen with regular donuts. But you know if you must have a donut (which you definitely should!), then maybe share it with a friend. 🙂
- Pack peppermint and ginger tea with you since you will most likely eat things you are not used to and this will allow your stomach to settle.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself, and just enjoy each moment!
Hope these tips are helpful. Remember, you don’t have to implement each tip perfectly, just be mindful of what you’re eating and don’t be reckless. 🙂 Your beautiful body deserves your love and attention and wants you to live out your best life! Yes, you can have those tacos, but maybe for your next meal have a salad and balance it out!
Also, I’ve found to follow a 80/20 rule, is the best way to stay sane. 🙂
Thank you for reading!
For full disclosure of this site, please read this.
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine