Hey guys, if you follow me on any social media, you might’ve seen I was in San Diego this past weekend. San Diego is such a beautiful city with so many amazing views. Since it is so close to the Mexican Border, in some parts, I felt like I was actually in Mexico. As you might already guess or know, San Diego has the best Mexican food because of this reason. Right after we got off the plane, my boyfriend and I went to a Mexican restaurant because…well, it was necessary. The margarita we got was so huge and so amazing. Not only did the food not disappoint, but the drinks were so great as well. Another bonus, the people are very nice and I can’t wait to make another trip to CA in the future.
Traveling is great, but it can really be difficult to stay healthy and choose healthier options. It’s okay to not choose the best options, but it’s important to be mindful of what you eat so that you don’t feel sick. Don’t feel bad about it, but also don’t opt for the most unhealthy options because of your excuse of “I’m on vacation”. Your beautiful body deserves to be nourished in the best possible way, always!
I wanted to give you some ideas of things you can do for your next trip so that it might be a little easier for you to stay healthy while traveling.
- Call in advance to see if a fruit plate or salad is available on the plane, if not make your own overnight oatmeal or salad!
- Choose salad options while out and ask for lemon wedges and olive oil instead of dressing.
- Bring raw nuts and seeds while traveling for a quick, healthy snack.
- Check before hand for places that have healthier options before you head to your destination so that you have an idea of places you can go.
- Stray away from heavy meals – it’s going to take away from actually enjoying your time by feeling too full
- Instead of regular donuts, try to find ones that are with less sugar and gluten free — this will aid in you not feeling well.
- Pack peppermint tea with you since you will most likely eat things you are not used to and this will allow your stomach to settle.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself, and just enjoy each moment!
Hope these tips are helpful and let me know if you have questions!
Thank you for reading 🙂
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine