“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
I have found waking up early has allowed me to, not only accomplish significant amount of things in my life, but it has also allowed me to have a more peaceful, relaxing moment where I can fully take care of myself.
By waking up early, I have no excuse of saying “I don’t have time” for any part of my life. Waking up early is one of those things that is hard to build into a habit, but once you do, it’s quite simple because we are all creatures of habit. Even if you say I am a night owl, it is still feasible to be a morning person; you just have to take control of your mind!
This doesn’t happen overnight. You will go back and forth for a while until it finally will come to you naturally. If you need a routine to follow you could also follow the routine from “The Miracle Morning” which I wrote in detail here.
Top 10 Tips To Wake Up Early:
1. Have a goal and a why. Why do you want to wake up early? How would waking up early improve your life? Could you be healthier? Achieve a goal you’ve been putting off? Actually get yourself to the gym? Figure out what could be motivating for you.
2. In the beginning, try tactics such as having multiple alarms set or have your cell phone be far away from you which will force you to get up.
3. Drink water right away. Have a water next to your bed and once your alarm clock goes off, chug that water. This will give you more energy.
4. Get up and brush your teeth. This will help you get out of bed and be up for a little.
5. Have a night routine with what you plan to do in the morning. Listen to an inspiring video before you go to bed, and I guarantee you it’ll be what you think about in the morning which will motivate you to get up.
6. Do something that you actually enjoy in the morning. Don’t make it be a chore. It should be an enjoyable moment for you.
7. Drink a good amount of water the night before, this will force you to wake up in the morning to go to the bathroom 🙂 Works for me, every time!
8. Drink coffee and get yourself out the door right away like the gym or a run outside!
9. Take a shower — maybe a cold one to fully wake yourself up. There are so many benefits to taking a cold shower, which is a plus.
10. Lastly, how bad do you want it? As stated from number 1 as your goal/reason for waking up early, ask yourself why do you want it? I like to ask myself this question before bed and during the hour when I am trying to wake up. If you don’t want it bad enough or you don’t remind yourself of why you want it, you will never actually want to wake up early. You need to be concise of why this thing that you are trying to achieve is important to you and how it will improve your life.
Let me know if you have any questions. It took me a while, but now it’s fully embedded in my routine to wake up early, even if I don’t go to the gym.
If you need an accountability partner, let me know – I’d be happy to help and motivate you to wake up early 🙂
Feel free to reach out at any time!