Contrary to what you may believe, oil is great for many skin types, including troubled oily skin.
Applying oil to your skin allows you to be fully moisturized, which is great for dry skin types. For acne prone/oil skin types, this is also great because….science! Putting oil into oily skin allows your skin to stop producing excessive sebum (oil) because by putting oil you are tricking your skin into thinking it has all the oil it needs. If you are combination skin, then this is also great because this not only will control the sebum production on your T-zone, but it will also help out with your dry spots.
Not all oil is the same. You want to make sure the oil you are using is as natural as possible. This is why I am obsessed with Jojoba oil, pronounced (ho-ho-ba), this little bottle will last you forever and it has many different uses.
Jojoba oil is the liquid form of the seed Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) plant. Native Americans like to use jojoba oil for treating sores or bruises. Today, it is used for acne, psoriasis, sunburn and chapped skin. This little bottle of magic is also used for hair as it aids in regrowth!
I bought mine from Trader Joes, which was around $7 I believe, but you may also find it here. I love using it as a nighttime mask, where I will put a few drops and apply as a moisturizer or I will put a few drops on a cotton pad and take off my makeup with it.
Here are 10 benefits and uses of jojoba oil:
- Use it for dry scalp to prevent flakiness.
- As a leave-in hair treatment for silkier, healthier, and aid in regrowth of hair.
- As a natural aftershave moisturizer which may help prevent ingrown hairs.
- Moisturize any type of skin type to target any problems for your skin.
- Remove makeup safely and naturally.
- Promotes skin health by naturally slowing down signs of aging (dry skin = faster aging). The antioxidants is another reason it can slow down aging. Also, can stimulate collagen synthesis.
- Jojoba oil is rich in Iodine, which fights harmful bacteria growth which may, if not taken care of, lead to breakouts.
- Jojoba oil can accelerate the wound-healing process and can speed up the process of wound closures.
- Contains Vitamin E & Vitamin B Complex
- Fights off Fungi and infections. Jojoba oil can treat warts, toenail fungus and athlete’s foot.
That is all, guys! I have been using this magical oil since esthetician school back in 2013 and I am obsessed! My mom used it once and fell in love right away. It was all her dry skin needed and she loved that it had the anti-aging component!
Thank you for reading.
Until next time,
Babcock, Christine. “Jojoba Oil – Skin & Hair Healer and Moisturizer.” Dr. Axe, 27 June 2017, draxe.com/jojoba-oil/.