Coming at you guys with another hemp hearts recipe. If you don’t make any other recipe on my blog, make sure you make this one! It is one of my favorites and is such a great, filling snack!
Leave the packaged stuff behind and make it at home. Less processed and more delicious 🙂
I have partnered up with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts to create this recipe for you guys! If you love granola bars, then I know you will love this!
Chewy Granola Bars With Hemp Hearts
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ½ cup manitoba hemp hearts
- 8-10 medjool dates
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup liquid sweetener of your choice (I chose Maple Syrup)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, soak your dates in water for 10-20 minutes or as long as you can.
- In a food processor or blender, mix your dates.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly toast your oats and almonds for about 10 minutes. Once cooled, transfer to a big bowl and set aside.
- In a medium pan, mix in almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla on low heat until they are melted and incorporated together. Should only take about 3 minutes.
- Mix in your almond butter mixture with the dates in the blender and blend for another 10-20 seconds.
- In the large bowl with the oats and almonds add in your pumpkin seeds, Hemp Hearts, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Add in your almond butter/dates mixture in the bowl and mix in together with a spoon. You can also use your hands at this point.
- Once mixed in, transfer to an 8×8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and press down firmly.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to firm up and slice your bars any way you’d like.
Hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy recipe and let me know if you make it! This is a stable in my kitchen and I hope it will be yours as well.
Until next time,
“When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived.” – Henry David Thoreau