This is one of the easiest recipes you will find. It should only take you about 5 minutes, and if you are a hummus lover like me, then this recipe is essential for you!
I got this recipe from my brother in law who is Middle Eastern, so you know it is delicious and legit! 🙂
I’ve been hearing for years that packaged hummus (as all packaged products are) has many additives. It is not as fresh as you’d want it to be and usually for most of them you have to consume within a week.
I’ve been meaning to find a recipe for which I can make at home because honestly, I eat hummus with everything – whether that is with my salad, meat, vegetables, rice…really anything. I know sounds intense, but I’m a girl that loves flavors and can’t eat things plain.
This recipe is super simple and you can really adjust it to your liking. If you are out of hummus and feeling like you need it, just whip this up within 5 minutes and you are good to go.
I used my NutriBullet to make this, which just made this process even quicker and more simple!
This has quickly become my stable and I am excited to make this instead of all the processed ones I’ve been buying. I will definitely play around with it to make different flavors, such as roasted red pepper hummus!
- The tahini I bought is from a middle eastern store, but any tahini brand should work as long as it is 100% sesame seeds!
- Play around with the ingredients until you reach the consistency and taste that you desire. This recipe is really what you make it, so get creative!
- If you do want oil on yours, just drizzle olive oil on it once you have transferred it onto a bowl.
Here is the printable recipe:
Oil Free Homemade Hummus
- 1 can of chickpeas
- salt & pepper
- 1-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of one lemon
- Water as needed
- In a blender, pour in all of the ingredients and a little bit of water.
- Blend until smooth, if it seems a little too thick add more water and blend. Taste as you go to make sure you have it to your liking.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
Hope you guys enjoy this super simple recipe! I know I will be making this all the time.
Happy New Years and hope everyone has a great year ahead!
Until next time,
“And though she be but little, she is fierce.” – Shakespeare
Disclaimer: For full disclosure of this site, please read this.