Coming at you guys with another hemp hearts recipe. If you don’t make any other recipe on my blog, make sure you make this one! It is one of my favorites and is such a great, filling snack!
Leave the packaged stuff behind and make it at home. Less processed and more delicious 🙂
Continue reading “Chewy Granola Bars With Hemp Hearts”
Today we are using my favorite superfood in 3 easy recipes.
I am excited to announce that I’ve partnered up with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods to bring you these healthy recipes.
So, what are hemp seeds? They are nutritious seeds which are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, a complete protein source, and a rich source of essential minerals which include magnesium, phosphorus, iron and zinc. Continue reading “3 Healthy Recipes Using Hemp Hearts”
I’m coming at you with another recipe today! I know I’ve been MIA the past 2 days which is due to technical difficulties with my laptop, unfortunately. In terms of the self-care challenge — it will be moved to next Sunday, which gives you more time to practice last week’s gratitude exercise.
Now to the recipe — I love using this granola for whenever I want cereal or healthier option instead of store bought. The best part is you get to control how much sugar is in it! This recipe is super simple and good amount for your whole family to enjoy. What I also enjoy about this is that it keeps you fuller than regular granola, due to the all the nuts and seeds in it. You can of course tailor this to however you’d like! Put whatever ingredients you please 🙂
First, preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, mix in your dry ingredients, minus the goji berries.
Then, mix in maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt.
Stir it all together and put it in a baking sheet with parchment paper (I ran out). Put it in the oven for 40 minutes — stirring every 10 minutes. Monitor it to make sure it doesn’t burn. Let it cool for a few minutes and add in your berries!
That’s all! Hope you enjoy!
Healthy Homemade Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup buckwheat groats (use more oats, if you don’t have this!)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup safflower oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup goji berries or raisins or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together oats, seeds, nuts, coconut flakes, groats in a large bowl.
- Mix in maple syrup, vanilla extracts, cinnamon, oil and salt.
- Pour all of it on baking sheet and stick it in the oven for 40 minutes. Mixing ever 10 minutes and monitoring how toasted everything is.
- Mix in your berries and enjoy!
For full disclosure of this site, please read this.